Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Howdy folks!

Hi there folks! With the growth of my business, Butch Wax Vintage, I thought it would be fun to do a little blog about vintage fashion and how fabulous it is! So, lets get started, shall we?

The Girl Behind the Clothes
Let me first start out by introducing myself. Hi! My name's Amanda. I'm a 30 year old bright redheaded gal from lovely San Diego, California who has been obsessed with the past since the wee age of, oh, about 13. My work background is in professional makeup artistry and vintage clothing. I was a makeup artist for Christian Dior, Guerlain, and NARS. Before starting Butch Wax Vintage, I worked in a prestegious high scale vintage clothing boutique for close to 6 years before it closed to go purely online. I was in charge of not only working in the store, but doing visual displays, all online business for the store, all graphic design and promotion for the store, as well as being the "face" or model of the store. You may have seen me on Ebay or Etsy a time or two (or a bunch, haha), and also on the cover of the monthly publication "Today's Vintage." Besides my business, I am the lead singer in the 1960's inspired soul band, The Amandas, and I also perform vintage-styled burlesque under the name of Miss Dixie von Trixie.

What's in a name?
I started my business back in May of 2010 on Etsy. Everyone wants to know what's with the name, right? Ok- so, my darling boyfriend had a punk rock noise band back in the day called The Butch Wax Duo. I always liked the sound of that, Butch Wax being a hair wax for men from the 1950's. So when I started my business I had a very specific vision in mind: top notch, super KILLER vintage clothing from mainly the 1940's and the 1950's. Very glitzy items that are uber glamorous and girlie, but then BUTCH Wax came into play, and I loved the contrast of the masculine word "Butch" with my very feminine clothes. So basically "Butch Wax Vintage" is a reflection of my personal self. On the outside I'm a total glammed up girly girl, but I grew up a no-frills freckle-faced tomboy and allot of that still harbors inside of me. I'd like to think that my clientel is every different type of girl, from glamorous bombshells to down n' dirty tomboys. Everyone likes to get dressed up every now and then- and that's what I'm here for. :)

Me, Amanda aka Da Boss Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment