Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Outfit of the Day: Take One

Ok, now I said I would never be one of these bloggers that did that whole "outfit of the day" business, and well, here I am. Perhaps it may be more interesting because this really is how I dress. I often get asked, "What's the special occasion?" or "Are you in a play?" or "Why are you so dressed up?" My answer: I always tell people that I'm just simply "dressed up for life." As in, I'm celebrating life and the fun in dressing up. Life is too short to be boring and dull, make the most of everyday- and for me that involves wearing fun pieces of clothing and accessories. :)

So, with that being said, here is me today. A typical running errands (i.e. post office and hunting for clothes) outfit. The weather has been gorgeous here in San Diego, it's like Summer-  so I get to wear all of my sun tops and cotton skirts. 



So what the heck am I wearing? Well...
  • Acid washed bustier top from Urban Outfitters. This top is so well made, it's one of my favorite sun tops. It really holds me in and gives great support. It has a side hidden zipper, structural boning, and back elastic ruching. I got it on sale for $9.99 last Summer- score!
  • 1950's hand painted Mexican cotton circle skirt. I get more compliments on this skirt every time I wear it. I love the sexy couple on horseback, their both so gorgeous! And the huge cacti were a total deal-breaker as I'm obsessed with anything cactus themed. This was purchased at my old place of employment, Wear It Again Sam.
  • Charles David cork-soled and beige leather knotted top stiletto mules. I love these, they're so vintage looking. I wish I had them in every color. They have a bit of a platform, but nothing too major. Pretty easy to walk in, even for a high heel goof like myself.
  • Various vintage Native American turquoise and sterling silver jewelry pieces that I've collected over the years. The bracelet was my Nana's. It was given to her by my Papa in the 1960's. It's one of my most prized treasures.
Speaking of my vintage turquoise collection...

Oh, these old things?


I have been collecting Native American turquoise pieces for years now. Most of my pieces are signed by the artists and pre-1970's. I seriously could tell you a story about every one of my pieces. They all bring back different memories, travels, and times in my life; I love that about them.

People don't normally know this, but I am partially Native American, it coming from my Nana's side of the family. My boyfriend is very Native American, from the New Mexico Silver City region. Can you tell? ;)



(All images by our friend Noa of Feather Love Photography)

2 comments:

  1. More posts like this, please! I'd love to see more of your personal collections.

    ReplyDelete