Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Outfit of the Day: Dumb Ol' Working At Home Day

So, today I am doing the ever-so-glamorous activity of doing work (i.e. listing items on the Butch Wax Vintage Etsy page). Stuck in the house all day, computer computer computering. It's enough to drive a girl mad. So this is kinda a bummy outfit, but I still like it. I consider this my "fancy tomboy look." Don't laugh. :)



What the heck am I wearing? Well...
  • 1940's chocolate brown and yellow polka dot cropped sweater. It has a really cute keyhole design in the back with 2 yellow lucite buttons. This may end up for sale...
  • 1950's high-waisted denim capris. I have had these since I was 16, no lie. They have a back metal zipper. They are slightly stretchy. I love them and fear the day that they will eventually wear out.
  • Red leather "Guess" brand high heel sling-back platforms. I LOVE these. I love how they are pointy on the toes, a really great shape. And they are cut very low in the front so you have that nice toe cleavage.
Here's a picture of me wearing these same jeans when I was, hmmmm.... maybe 19 years old? Back in the dark ages of my vintage pinup modeling days. The funny thing is, I hadn't even developed my curves back then. I was such a gawky string bean!

(Photo shot by David Perry at Linda's Doll Hut in Anaheim, CA.)

1 comment:

  1. OMG! Is that really you?! Cool! I used to have that pic as my desktop background back in the days. :)

    ReplyDelete