Friday, February 3, 2012

Vintage Expo & Outfit of the Day: Basic 1950's Sun Dress


More great weather here in sunny So. Cal means more Summer type clothes. I swear folks, 1950's sun dresses are the best thing ever. They're so simple- you throw them on and simply just go. Dress them up with fancy heels or down with sandals or flats. They're a good basic staple for every woman's wardrobe and they never go out of style.

So what the heck am I wearing? Well...
  • 1950's "New Look" style cotton floral sun dress from my old work, Wear It Again Sam.
  • 1950's clear Lucite Spring-o-lator mules that I scored at a second hand shop for $14. They are so comfy, no lie.
  • (... and of course Miss Iris the cat had to get in on the picture, that little ham.)
 A closer look. Please ignore my bruised up legs from a night of crazy dancing last weekend, haha.

Also, this weekend is the annual Vintage Fashion Expo in Santa Monica! I'm very excited to be going with one of my best shopping partners in crime, my mama, in tow. It features tons of vintage clothing dealers from all over the U.S. and if you're looking for something in particular, chances are you'll find it there. I probably won't be shopping for Butch Wax Vintage so much, but looking for a few pieces for my own private collection. Viva Las Vegas and summertime are fast approaching and a girl has simply got to have the goods! ;-) Here's a little video to give you a better feel for the Expo, maybe I'll see some of you there!


2 comments:

  1. wow, I love you! I love finding girlies with bangs like mine! Your hair is hella big! Love it! I'm your newest fan all the way from freezing Scotland! My fella and I have always wanted to go to VLV but never been in America at the right time! Have a wonderful week! Zoë x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks Zoe! So glad you found the Butch Wax blog! You have a fab week as well. :)

    xoxo
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete